The benefits in growing green beans
- Green beans are a 52-56 day crop
- Green beans can be planted conventionally (no-till)
- Typically, green beans are spaced 30-36 inches apart in their rows
- Unlike some crops, green beans have effective pre-emergent and post-emergent herbicides available
- Seed comes treated with fungicide and insecticide
- Green bean fertilizer requirements are traditionally less than other crops
The benefits in growing with C&E Farms
- No specialized equipment is needed to become a growing partner.
- Fast payouts of 35-40 days equates to a better cash flow early in the season.
- Ordering larger volumes of seed allows us to negotiate for better prices, and provides consistent seed counts and higher germination rates. These savings are then passed onto the growers.
- The planting schedule is designed to prevent bottlenecks, creating a more stable market.
- We sell to the top buyers and companies in the produce industry, and we have the ability to sell to processors if necessary.